Get to Know Woodridge

Church History

Every church has a DNA. Woodridge began as Sand Creek Mission, a church planted by First Baptist Church of Kingwood in 1988. Nearly four years later, the church called Greg Wallace to be their pastor. In 1993 the church merged with Woodridge Baptist Church of Houston, and took on the name Woodridge to perpetuate the missions legacy of the once great church inside the 610 Loop.

From 24 present at the first Sunday School meeting to 1700 resident members today, WBC has experienced exciting growth over the course of its history, and planting other mission churches is part of that growth. We also dream of future growth on the property the church owns on Northpark Drive. But numbers don’t tell the whole story. Every person at WBC is a life changed to the glory of God, called to serve His purposes.

Our VIsion Statement

To transform people into fully devoted followers of Christ.

 

MIssion Statement

The mission of Woodridge Baptist Church is to continually reach people for Christ, baptize and disciple them, and to involve them in local, state and worldwide missions through worship, education and fellowship.