Who We Are
Woodridge Baptist Church (“CHURCH,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) is a non-profit, non- denominational Christian church located in Kingwood, TX. Our websites serve many purposes including (1) communicating our values, mission, culture, and community involvement; (2) communicating details related to events and opportunities at Church; (3) providing electronic methods for contacting the church, planning in-person visits, and joining mailing lists; and (4) securely receiving online donations and registrations.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact us at: email@example.com.
- INFORMATION COLLECTION
Users of our website may be visitors, members, volunteers, or donors.
Information You Provide to Us
When you use our website, you may provide us with information about you. This may include your name and contact information, financial information to make or receive payment for services or donations obtained through our website. When you visit our website, we may also collect information related to your use of our website and aggregate this with information about other users. This helps us improve your experience. You may also provide us with information about your contacts or friends if, for example, you’d like to add those contacts to a chat room.
Personal Information: In the course of using our website, we may require or otherwise collect information that identifies you as a specific individual and can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). Examples of Personal Information include your name, email address, company address, billing address, and phone number.
Payment Information: If you use our website to make or receive payments, we will also collect certain payment information, such as credit card, PayPal or other financial account information, and billing address.
Identity Verification: We may collect Personal Information, such as your date of birth to validate your identity or as may be required by law.
General Audience Service: Our website is general audience and intended for users 18 and older. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone younger than age 18. If we become aware that a child younger than 18 has provided us with Personal Information, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our files. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child younger than age 18 and believe that CHURCH has collected Personal Information from your child, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Non-Identifying Information/Usernames: We also may collect other information, such as zip codes, demographic data, information regarding your use of our website, and general project-related data (“Non-Identifying Information”). We may aggregate information collected from CHURCH registered and non-registered users (“CHURCH Users”). We consider usernames to be Non-Identifying Information. Usernames are made public through our website and are viewable by other CHURCH Users.
Combination of Personal and Non-Identifying Information: Certain Non-Identifying Information would be considered a part of your Personal Information if it were combined with other identifiers in a way that enables you to be identified (for example, combining information with your name). But the same pieces of information are considered Non-Identifying Information when they are taken alone or combined only with other non-identifying information (for example, your viewing preferences). We may combine your Personal Information with Non-Identifying Information, but CHURCH will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
Collection of the Third Party Personal Information: We collect the following personal information from you about your contacts or friends: First, last name and email address when you provide it to us for the purpose of adding your contacts to a chat room.
Information Received from Third Parties
Information Collected from Users Automatically
Like other online companies, we receive technical information when you use our Services. We use these technologies to analyze how people use our website, to improve how our website functions, to save your log-in information for future sessions, and to serve you better.
We and our third party service providers, including analytics, and third party content providers, may automatically collect certain information from you whenever you access or interact with our website. This information may include, among other information, the browser and operating system you are using, the URL or advertisement that referred you to our website, the search terms you entered into a search engine that led you to our website, areas within our website that you visited, and other information commonly shared when browsers communicate with websites. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve services we offer you, to improve marketing, analytics, and site functionality.
The information we collect also includes the Internet Protocol (“IP”) address or other unique device identifier (“Device Identifier”) for any device (computer, mobile phone, tablet, etc.) used to access our website. A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned or connected to the device you use to access our website, and our servers identify your device by its Device Identifier. Some mobile service providers may also provide us or our third party service providers with information regarding the physical location of the device used to access our website.
Web Beacons: We and our marketing partners, affiliates, analytics, and service providers may also employ software technology known as “web beacons” and/or “tracking tags” to help us keep track of what content on our Service is effective and to serve relevant advertising to you. Web beacons are small graphics with a unique identifier that may be invisible to you, and which are used to track the online activity of Internet users. Web beacons are embedded in the web pages you review or email messages you receive. Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to our Service, to monitor how CHURCH Users navigate our website, to count how many emails that were sent were actually opened, or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
Embedded Scripts: We and our marketing partners, affiliates, analytics, and service providers may also employ software technology known as an Embedded Script. An Embedded Script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with our website, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your computer or other device and is deactivated or deleted when you disconnect from our website.
In addition, we and our marketing partners, affiliates, analytics, and service providers may use a variety of other technologies (such as tags) that collect similar information for security and fraud detection purposes and we may use third parties to perform these services on our behalf.
HOW WE RESPOND TO DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
CHURCH does not respond to Do-Not-Track signals. Please note that your browser setting may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to websites and online service you visit. There is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Like many websites and online services, CHURCH does not alter its practices when it receives a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Email to Friends and Referral Program
CHURCH lets you send information about CHURCH and our events to friends via email and through our website. If you choose to use this feature, your friend’s email address will be used to send the requested posting and your email address will be used to copy you on the message to your friend or to send the message on your behalf. CHURCH stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program.
Your friend may contact us at to request that we remove this information from our database.
Social Networking Services
You may register for an account directly with our website, or through a social networking service. If you register with a social networking service, we will collect certain information about you from that social networking service, and what we collect depends on your privacy settings with that social networking service. Our website may also allow you to “like” or share content with social networking services.
You may register to join our website directly via our website or by logging into your account with a third party social networking service (“SNS”) via our Service (e.g., Facebook and other third party services that let you sign in using your existing credentials with those services). If you choose to register via an SNS, or to later link your account with our website to your account with an SNS, we will use the Personal Information you have provided to the SNS (such as your name, email address, gender and other information you make publicly available via the SNS) to create your account. Note that the information we collect from and through an SNS may depend on the privacy settings you have set with the SNS and the permissions you grant to us in connection with linking your account with our website to your account with an SNS. Other than what we may share with the SNS as described below, the Personal Information an SNS has about you is obtained by the SNS independent of our Service, and CHURCH is not responsible for it.
The CHURCH Service also may permit additional interactions between it and a third party website, service, or other content provider, such as enabling you to “like” or share content to a third party SNS. If you choose to “like” or share content, or to otherwise share information from or via our Service with a third party site or service, that information may be publicly displayed, and the third party may have access to information about you and your use of our Service (and we may have access to information about you from that third party). These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our site, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Your interactions with third parties through an SNS or similar features are governed by the respective privacy policies of those third parties.
You represent that you are entitled to use your SNS account for the purposes described herein without breach by you of any of the terms and conditions that govern the SNS, and without obligating CHURCH to pay any fees or making CHURCH subject to any usage limitations imposed by such SNS. You can disable the link between your CHURCH account and your SNS account at any time though the “Settings” section of our Service. Please note that your relationship with any SNS is governed solely by your agreement(s) with such SNS. If your SNS account terminates, then functions enabled through the link between your CHURCH account and your SNS account will terminate as well.
- USE AND RETENTION OF INFORMATIONWe use information collected through our website to provide and improve our website, process your requests, prevent fraud, provide you with information that may interest you, comply with the law, and as otherwise permitted with your consent.
WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
To provide and improve our website, complete your transactions, and address your inquiries, process your registration, verify the information you provide is valid and for compliance and internal business purposes;
- To contact you with communications and CHURCH bulletins. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the instructions in the section, below;
- To tailor content we display to you and offers we may present to you, both on our website and elsewhere online;
- To administer and develop our relationship with you and, if applicable, the corporation or other legal entity you represent;
- To enforce and comply with the law, including to conduct an investigation, to protect the property and rights of CHURCH or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, fraudulent, unethical or legally actionable activity. We may also use Device Identifiers to identify CHURCH Users; and
UNLESS YOU REQUEST THAT WE DELETE CERTAIN INFORMATION, WE MAY RETAIN THE INFORMATION FOR AS LONG AS NEEDED FOR OUR BUSINESS AND LEGAL PURPOSES.
- INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSUREWe may share information about you to provide our websites, for legal and investigative purposes, or if we are part of a merger or acquisition. We may also share non-identifying information with third parties. You have choices as to whether we share your personal information with third parties.
Legal and Investigative Purposes: CHURCH will share information with government agencies as required by law in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements and, including without limitation, in connection with reporting earnings. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), at the request of governmental authorities or other third parties conducting an investigation, to protect the property and rights of CHURCH or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, fraudulent, unethical or legally actionable activity. We may also use Device Identifiers to identify CHURCH Users, and may do so in cooperation with third parties at our discretion.
Internal and Business Transfers: CHURCH may share information, including Personal Information, primarily for internal operational purposes. We will not sell, transfer or otherwise share your Personal Information.
Sweepstakes, Contests and Promotions: We may offer sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions (any, a “Promotion”) that may require registration. By participating in a Promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that Promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, except where prohibited by law, allowing the sponsor(s) of the Promotion to use your name, voice, likeness or other indicia of persona in advertising or marketing associated with the Promotion. If you choose to enter a Promotion, your Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such Promotion, including, without limitation, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law or permitted by the Promotion’s official rules, such as on a winner’s list.
- THIRD PARTY ANALYTICS PROVIDERS, AD SERVERS AND SIMILAR THIRD PARTIESWe may work with vendors who use technology to help us understand how people use our website. These vendors may use technologies to serve you advertisements that may interest you. You can choose to opt out of receiving interest-based advertising.
CHURCH works with (or may in the future work with) network advertisers, ad agencies, analytics service providers and other vendors to provide us with information regarding traffic on our website, including pages viewed and the actions taken when visiting our website; to serve our advertisements on other web sites, within mobile apps and elsewhere online; and to provide us with information regarding the use of our website and the effectiveness of our advertisements. Our service providers may collect certain information about your visits to and activity on our website as well as other websites or services, they may set and access their own tracking technologies on your device (including cookies and web beacons), and may use that information to show you targeted advertisements. Some of these parties may collect Personal Information when you visit our website or other online websites and services. We may also share certain Non-Identifying Information with these parties, including Hashed Information, in connection with our websites they provide to us. If you wish to opt out of interest-based advertising, you can go to the following site:
- Double Click
- Google Ad Settings
- OathIf you choose to opt out, please note you will continue to receive generic ads.
- YOUR CHOICES AND OPTING OUTYou have certain choices regarding how we may communicate with you. Registered CHURCH Users may update their choices regarding the types of communications you receive from us through your online account. You also may opt-out of receiving emails from us by following the opt-out instructions provided in those emails. Please note that we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your account or use of our website (for example, administrative and service announcements) via email and other means and these transactional account messages may be unaffected if you opt-out from receiving marketing communications. You may opt-out of receiving text messages by replying “STOP” to any text message received. Registered CHURCH Users who access our website by using a CHURCH mobile application may, with permission, receive push notifications. Similarly, registered CHURCH Users who access our website by using certain desktop browsers may, with permission, receive push notifications. Notification preferences can be modified in the settings menu for the mobile application or the applicable browser.
- CHANGING YOUR INFORMATION OR CLOSING YOUR ACCOUNT
You may request access to all personal information we have about you. You may also delete your account and/or request deletion of all personal information we have about you. We will honor the request to the extent we can reasonably do so, but some information will remain on our websites, such as information you posted publicly.
Upon request CHURCH will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information. You may access, correct, or request deletion of your personal information by making updates to that information or by contacting CHURCH. If you request to access all personal information you’ve submitted, we will respond to your request to access within 30 days. If you completely delete all such information, then your account may become deactivated. If your account is deactivated or you ask to close your account, you will no longer be able to use parts of our website. If you would like us to delete your account in our system, you can do so through the CHURCH website (once you logged in, visit settings/ user settings, and then click on the close my account link). We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request; however, certain information will actively persist on our website even if you close your account, including messages you posted to our website. In addition, your Personal Information may remain in our archives and information you update or delete, or information within a closed account, may persist internally or for our administrative purposes. It is not always possible to completely remove or delete information from our databases. In addition, we typically will not remove information you posted publicly through or on our website. Bear in mind that neither you nor CHURCH can delete all copies of information that has been previously shared with others on our website.
- SECURITYWe take a number of steps to protect your data, but no security is guaranteed. CHURCH takes commercially reasonable steps to help protect and secure the information it collects and stores about CHURCH Users. All access to the Site is encrypted using industry- standard transport layer security technology (TLS). When you enter sensitive information, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We also use HTTP strict transport security to add an additional layer of protection for our CHURCH Users. But remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Thus, while we strive to protect your personal data, CHURCH cannot ensure and does not warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
CHURCH protects personally identifiable information from residents of the European Union, other European Economic Area countries, and Switzerland in accordance with applicable law (including, as applicable, reliance upon your consent and EU-approved standard contract clauses).
- LINKS TO OTHER SITESOur website contains links to other websites. If you choose to click on a third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit Personal Information from you. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
- PUBLIC PROFILEThe profile you create on our site will be publicly accessible unless otherwise indicated. You may change the privacy settings of your profile through your account portal.
- PHISHINGPhishing websites imitate legitimate websites in order to obtain personal or financial information. Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to CHURCH. For more information about phishing, visit the website of the Federal Trade Commission at http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0003-phishing. In addition, if you believe you have received an email or had a similar interaction with a third party pretending to be CHURCH, please report it to email@example.com.
Woodridge Baptist Church
5707 Kingwood Drive
Kingwood, TX 77345
You must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject field of your email or include it in your writing if you choose to write to us at the designated mailing address. You must include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. We will respond to you at your mailing address or, at our option, your email address. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
Telephone number: 281-361-6800
Woodridge Baptist Church
5707 Kingwood Drive
Kingwood, TX 77345